Skip to main content

Inspiration: Pretty Little Liars

I'm deeply sorry for not posting anything lately. There were just too many things to worry about in real life, ie. school.


So one of the TV shows I'm following at the moment is Pretty Little Liars. I personally haven't read the books and I don't plan to read it either as they really aren't my type of books. They make good television though. (A bit like Gossip Girl. My taste in books are completely different to my taste in TV shows)


Out of the main characters, I believe the one who has my favourite sense of style would be Aria. She's artsy and I think her choice of colours is most like mine. Her style still stems from her gothic/punk(ish) roots so she's often in darker colours and plaid.

There was a certain outfit that caught my eye while watching one of the episodes:




She's wearing Marc by Marc Jacobs Runway Ripley Tartan Dress. I loved the pattern but that's because I've always loved plaid/tartan. 





To aim for an Aria inspired outfit, go for patterns such as leopard print or tartan. Be a little daring so choose something like a statement necklace or feather earrings. If you really want, you could get some feather hair extensions (yes they sound a little icky but I imagine it's something that she would go for). The safest bet is vintage or boho clothing - anything vintage would suit an Aria inspired outfit.

Straying away from the artsy, vintage, gothic-ish Aria is the preppy Spencer, whose style is reminiscent of Blair Waldorf minus a fashion designer mum. So basically her style's based on something an Upper East Sider from Gossip Girl would wear. Let's not forget that sometimes Blair Waldorf wears clothes that are a bit too mature for a teenage girl and that also applies to Spencer.




For this outfit, you could opt for anything feminine and lacy. She's wearing a cropped cardigan, a lacy blouse with a thin belt across her waist. However most of the time she has a masculine twist as she's constantly seen with blazers or vests. 




This is what I mean by not dressing like a teenage girl. Oh yeah, one extra tip: refined and tailored. Nothing baggy unless it's a top with some tight jeans with a belt.

Emily's sporty and simple. T-shirt and jeans would be enough but she also wears skirts. Her style's just relaxed, like what your average teen would wear. You don't need to try hard to achieve her style.




For this particular outfit, it's just a 3/4 sleeved cardigan, a tank and a denim skirt. That's all there is to it. Accessories are inconspicuous: it's just a chain with a small pendant, maybe some earrings and some thin bracelets or are they hair ties?




This is probably as flashy as the jewellery can get. It's very boho with the turquoise. The bracelet she's wearing is Chan Luu's turquoise beaded wrap bracelet (I don't know if that is exactly what it's called but it's leather wrapped around turquoise beads).


Lastly, who can forget Rosewood's IT girl Hanna? She's rather feminine and being the IT girl, she's gotta be wearing designer. She's probably my favourite character, even though she's not the most stylish one (in my opinion, it would be Aria).

This has to be my favourite outfit of hers:




With that dark green sequined top and the black leather jacket, she looks so... bad-ass. Her bag is even in a slightly different green. It's all... matches even though it's green and black, it's a dark green.



Here she's wearing a dress with a belt. If you haven't noticed, the tops and dresses she wears are quite flowy. Sometimes it's girly and frilly but it's paired with something a little masculine like a blazer with a strong shoulder. Most of the time, her waist is defined so she's seen wearing a cinch belt. 


Sorry for it being so rushed at the end. 


Photo credits: here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration: Catherine Deneuve - The Hunger

The Hunger (1983) is the last film collaboration Catherine Deneuve had with Yves Saint Laurent. 80s fashion suited the thousand-year-old Egyptian vampire, Miriam -- accessories were bold and flashy, the shoulder pads making one seem more confident and powerful. In fact, every time I use my YSL lipstick, I'm reminded of this movie -- something about YSL and the flashy gold packaging makes me recall this film. This vampire movie had its flaws but I will acknowledge that it was beautiful, aesthetically speaking. My favourite shots Here are the highlights of the outfits: First outfit: Possibly jumpsuit with belt, 80s Cat Eye glasses, drop earrings, leather gloves with eyelets Very minimalist here with a navy blazer and white shirt. Love the raspberry lip. Flashy gold earrings here.  Veiled hat, large stud earrings, white coat and a lizard brooch (love that detail; I believe in Ancient Egypt, lizards symbolise divine wisdom)  Perhaps my favourite dress. A drop nec

Review: W.Dressroom Dress & Living Clear Perfume

 I came across W.Dressroom while I was looking for an alternative to candles. With endorsements from Kpop idols/celebrities such as BTS Jungkook and Wanna One/ NU'EST Minhyun, they're popular amongst kpop fans. Retailers claim it to be affordable luxury, taking a similar concept to that of Jo Malone (making a scent available in various forms). The most easily accessible version is the mist, however, you can find candles, hand cream, reed diffusers and more of the range from YesStyle. I purchased mine from The Sesame Shop and arranged a pick-up, but this option is only available to Sydneysiders. Green Grape Sorbet and Peach Blossom are both very fruity. The floral edge is more noticeable in the grape than the peach. Peach Blossom smells straight up like peach. April Cotton is powdery and clean, much like laundry detergent and soap. Out of the three, I recommend April Cotton. It's the only scent I'd consider purchasing again. However, the quality leaves something

Inspiration: You Who Came from the Stars/ My Love from Another Star

The world has witnessed the power of product placement, after many of the lipsticks worn by Cheon Song Yi (played by Jun Ji-hyun, also known as Gianna Jun) were sold out and has a wait list. This includes YSL Rouge pur Couture in #52 Rosy Coral, which had been  sold out worldwide . It was later released that the lipstick shade in question was made from various products and none were from YSL. AmorePacific was one of their sponsors and provided most of the products used while  YSL just got a free ride . Nevertheless, Rosy Coral was a popular shade prior to the drama release but it probably wouldn't have sold out if it weren't for the rumour circulating. I've put some time aside for a drama marathon and watched all the episodes. I joined the masses of people, swept in the craze to purchase what she wore and even to eat her favourite food & drink: chicken and beer . I think it's mostly Jun Ji-hyun's charisma that sells these products. While I don't feel com