Skip to main content

Trend: Backpacks

Backpacks have been trendy for a while. I don't think it's so classy for a woman to be wearing a backpack but it's good for casual settings where you're out and about and have to carry a lot of stuff. My sister (being more of a tomboy) has been hunting for a trendy backpack so I thought I'd make a list of the trendiest backpacks here. She wanted a backpack that was nice to carry around during a day out but large enough to carry her books and other things for uni.

1. Herschel Bags 
This is perhaps the most popular backpack around for university students, namely the Heritage style but I've seen a few Pop Quiz and Settlement bags being carried around. Herschel is a Canadian brand and is readily available for consumers in Sydney as they're being stocked in General Pants and Glue stores.
Settlement
Pop Quiz

Heritage


My sister prefers the Little America design and I think it suits her more. Now if only I could find a green one like this... (her favourite colour's green... but not army green or khaki, this kind of green with more blue in it)

Little America

2. JanSport
These backpacks I haven't seen so much on university students in an urban environment (I still see them though) but I've definitely seen a lot of American high school students with them and maybe one or two high school students when I was at high school. These are fairly accessible too in In Sport stores.


3. Caribee
These bags are probably not very trendy but these were very popular during high school (a lot of people used them but it wasn't the IT item). It does the job for a couple of books and they don't cost as much either. As for my sister, this probably isn't it. Though I've got to mention, some high schools here only allow their students to carry the "school bag" - one with the emblem that they sell to students.


4. North Face
North Face is widely popular in the States for their jackets in colder climates (hey, it can get pretty cold if you're in Massachusetts). To be honest, I've only heard of North Face being sold for camping and outdoorsy things before I learned that. It's generally not that popular for us university students here in Sydney but I'll just mention their backpacks. I've got no idea how popular they are but since they're a reliable brand, I guess a lot of students would go for them. Not so trendy here either so I don't know which styles are great for college/university students.

5. Lonsdale
These were the bags my sister first looked into until I diverted her attention towards Herschel. They're okay for high school. I remembered a couple of high school students I've encountered with these bags. It's a fairly popular brand and I've seen people with their backpacks and their duffles. As for college/university student, they could work if you don't require many materials for your classes but I know for sure I can't fit everything I need for uni in that backpack. Also, I don't know if carrying a laptop in this bag is a good idea either.



6. Fjällräven
This Swedish brand is perhaps the least accessible out of the ones in this list so far. These are not sold in any stores in Australia (the ones I think that might sell these don't) and the only way to get your hands on them is to either go overseas and get them yourself or buy online through ASOS and various websites that ship internationally. Their Kanken bag is gaining popularity but they're not as prominent as the Herschel bags. I'm particularly fond of this bag.

Kanken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiration: Catherine Deneuve - The Hunger

The Hunger (1983) is the last film collaboration Catherine Deneuve had with Yves Saint Laurent. 80s fashion suited the thousand-year-old Egyptian vampire, Miriam -- accessories were bold and flashy, the shoulder pads making one seem more confident and powerful. In fact, every time I use my YSL lipstick, I'm reminded of this movie -- something about YSL and the flashy gold packaging makes me recall this film. This vampire movie had its flaws but I will acknowledge that it was beautiful, aesthetically speaking. My favourite shots Here are the highlights of the outfits: First outfit: Possibly jumpsuit with belt, 80s Cat Eye glasses, drop earrings, leather gloves with eyelets Very minimalist here with a navy blazer and white shirt. Love the raspberry lip. Flashy gold earrings here.  Veiled hat, large stud earrings, white coat and a lizard brooch (love that detail; I believe in Ancient Egypt, lizards symbolise divine wisdom)  Perhaps my favourite dress. A drop nec

Review: W.Dressroom Dress & Living Clear Perfume

 I came across W.Dressroom while I was looking for an alternative to candles. With endorsements from Kpop idols/celebrities such as BTS Jungkook and Wanna One/ NU'EST Minhyun, they're popular amongst kpop fans. Retailers claim it to be affordable luxury, taking a similar concept to that of Jo Malone (making a scent available in various forms). The most easily accessible version is the mist, however, you can find candles, hand cream, reed diffusers and more of the range from YesStyle. I purchased mine from The Sesame Shop and arranged a pick-up, but this option is only available to Sydneysiders. Green Grape Sorbet and Peach Blossom are both very fruity. The floral edge is more noticeable in the grape than the peach. Peach Blossom smells straight up like peach. April Cotton is powdery and clean, much like laundry detergent and soap. Out of the three, I recommend April Cotton. It's the only scent I'd consider purchasing again. However, the quality leaves something

Inspiration: You Who Came from the Stars/ My Love from Another Star

The world has witnessed the power of product placement, after many of the lipsticks worn by Cheon Song Yi (played by Jun Ji-hyun, also known as Gianna Jun) were sold out and has a wait list. This includes YSL Rouge pur Couture in #52 Rosy Coral, which had been  sold out worldwide . It was later released that the lipstick shade in question was made from various products and none were from YSL. AmorePacific was one of their sponsors and provided most of the products used while  YSL just got a free ride . Nevertheless, Rosy Coral was a popular shade prior to the drama release but it probably wouldn't have sold out if it weren't for the rumour circulating. I've put some time aside for a drama marathon and watched all the episodes. I joined the masses of people, swept in the craze to purchase what she wore and even to eat her favourite food & drink: chicken and beer . I think it's mostly Jun Ji-hyun's charisma that sells these products. While I don't feel com